COTX-X3 Hotspot Indoor Miner is a new convergent and intelligent indoor gateway developed independently by Beijing COTX Networks Technology Co. Ltd. (COTX) for mining HNT (Helium).
Supports the LoRaWAN standard formulated by the International LoRa Alliance and other common IoT access protocols, such as Wifi, BLE.
It can be implemented in different conditions with several connectivity options such as WiFi and Ethernet.
This new Hotspot produced by COTX has integrated: surveillance camera, audio interfaces and a built-in OLED screen, it can be accessed in the security system and implemented in the security application.
The built-in low-frequency LoRa chip can meet a coverage of 1 km-15 km depending on the actual conditions at the location.
The hotspot can transmit data via the LoRa protocol for low power WAN transmission.
- High level security protection
– COTX-X3 Hotspot Indoor Miner coordinates with the cloud key management system to support high-level security protection.
The entire network adopts a unified key management system to manage the key life cycle.
With overall consideration and excellent professional design, whether the gateway is offline or online, there is a consistent protection and security mechanism, while providing secure data storage and encryption capabilities for securing locally locked data.
The hotspot is integrated into the COTX-X3 Hotspot Miner operating system, which is convenient for network administrators to install third-party software applicationsFurthermore, thehe software application is strictly isolated from the operating system, ensuring the security of the operating system kernel. At the same time, operating system files support digital signatures. Only those system files that have been signed and verified will be updated and run, preventing system files from being maliciously modified and updated.
- Comprehensive and diverse options for backhaul
– COTX-X3 Indoor Miner Hotspot supports several uplink access methods, such as WiFi and Ethernet, giving users flexible and diverse uplink options when deploying complex networks:
➢ Access to the WiFi infrastructure network can be chosen.
- Flexible and easy to implement
The extremely compact hardware design of the COTX-X3 Hotspot Miner has created its Mini size: 95mm * 75mm * 29mm, which is extremely easy to transport and implement.
At the same time, it facilitates hardware integration and secondary development and redefines the product at the IoT operating level.
- Multi-service interface and rich analysis capabilities
– COTX-X3 Indoor Miner Hotspot has multiple interfaces, supports common IoT access protocols such as LoRa, WiFi, BLE, allows access to third parties that comply with the standard LoRaWAN protocol and supports the extension of multimedia services such as Video and Audio.
Smart agriculture, forestry and animal husbandry
In the field of agriculture, forestry and animal husbandry, environmental data from agricultural fields, greenhouses, livestock and crop production data are effectively returned, which can provide data support for scientific reproduction;
Tracking and searching for grazing herds to ensure the safety of the property of farmers and shepherds.
In the smart building scenario, COTX-X3 Hotspot Miner can connect the building’s internal facilities and collect data to the platform to meet the requirements of business processing ：
1) It has such functions: networking of consumer equipment, reporting data on energy consumption, monitoring 7 * 24 hours, reducing the manual fee and reducing costsIn addition, itIt can optimize energy management and control based on energy consumption data.
2) With the help of the gateway camera and the audio service interface, the park’s security system is connected to carry out the security control of the visitors.
3) With the camera and audio interface, the gateway is connected to the park’s security system, which can perform visitor security control
4) The equipment of the assets connects to the network. Therefore, tracking and searching for important assets can be done through the gateway in the park.
|Ethernet||Auto-negotiation of 1 * FE 10/100 / 1000M rate|
|WiFi|| 2.4 / 5GHz 802.11AC |
STA wireless client mode
Wireless hotspot mode
|Smart power-saving||Support manual / automatic entry into smart power-saving |
|USB devices extension application||Support USB / WiFi WLAN card and other plug and play |
|Support installation of LoRa Packet Forwarder |
|Support installation of LoRa packet forwarder SDK on |
|Access to third-party terminal of LoRaWAN||Support access to third-party terminal of standard |
|DHCP|| DHCP server (IPv4 and IPv6) |
DHCP client (IPv4 and IPv6)
|Static IP||Static IP (IPV4 and IPV6)|
|Network for communication||Starlike network / MESH ad hoc network communication|
|LoRaWAN protocol||● LoRaWAN standard 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 |
● Support Class A / B / C terminal
|LoRa technology||● Automatic rate adjustment of adaptive Data Rates (ADR) terminal |
● Spread-spectrum factor
|ISM band||● CN470-510MHz ， EU863-870 MHz, |
US902928MHz ， AU915-928MHz
● Maximum 8 channels
|Indication of system status|| LED indicator system |
Built-in LED display screen
COTX APP （system status display of
CPU / Memory / Temperature / Version
|Abnormal alarm of system status|| COTX APP |
Alarm notification from built-in LED display screen
|System configuration management|| Save and backup system configuration |
Restore system configuration to the initial setting
|BONE|| Upgrade system software |
|System log||Support log audit of system / terminal status|
|Product specification||COTX-X3 Hotspot Miner|
|Product size (H * W * D)|| ||H * W * D ： 95 * 75 * 29mm|
|Material of accessories||Aluminum Alloy + Plastic|
|Operating temperature||0 ℃ ~ 50 ℃|
|CPU||Quad-core Cortex-A72 @ 1.5GHz|
|RAM||2GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM (4G / 8G Optional)|
|Region||Europe ： 863-870MHz|
|Number of channels||8 channels in uplink at the same time|
|Data rate||292.97bps 、 537.11bps 、 976.56bps 、 1757.81bps 、 3125bps 、 5468.75bps|
|Receiving sensitivity||-140dBm @ 292bps|
|Transmitting power||868M / 915M 20 ± 1 dBm |
470M 16 ± 1dBm
|Ethernet|| ||1 * 10/100 / 1000M fast Ethernet interface （RJ-45|
|WiFi||2.4 / 5GHz||802.11AC|
|BLE||1 * Bluetooth5.0|
|USB interface|| ||2 * USB 3.0, type A|
|Compatible with USB 2G / 3G / 4G Module;|
|Compatible with USB WiFi card|
|BT button|| Press and hold for 5 seconds to turn on Bluetooth. |
(If BLE function is not used within 5 minutes, the device will automatically turn off Bluetooth.)
|Micro SD card slot||1 * Micro SD card （32G capacity as standard configuration）|
|LoRa antenna||1 * External LoRa antenna, SMA interface|
|WiFi antenna||1 * Built-in WiFi antenna|
|Power supply||5V DC input power supply|
|Maximum power consumption||<10W|
|LED system|| ||OFF ： the system is not powered on|
| ||BLINKING ： the system is starting|
| ||ON ： the system is operating normally|
|LED display screen||1 * 0.96 inch LED display screen;|
|BLE status can be displayed;|
|ETH status can be displayed;|
|WiFi status can be displayed;|
COTX X3 Hotspot Miner
|Product Type||Product description|
|X3-Miner-EU|| SME-level LoRa IoT access gateway of COTX Networks in Europe |
Operating frequency: 863MHz-870Mhz, applicable LoraWAN standard in Europe, Middle East, Africa and India
Supporting channel: 8