Data Only Hotspots are eligible for Network Data Transfer Rewards but not Proof of Coverage Rewards.
Since Data Only Hotspots do not earn Proof-of-Coverage rewards, they may be permissionlessly added to the blockchain. Once added to the blockchain and with location asserted, they will earn $HNT when forwarding network data.
|Rewards Type||Data Only Hotspots||Full & Light Hotspots|
|Network Data Forwarding||YES||YES|
|Proof of Coverage||NO||YES|
Data-Only Hotspot Setup Guides
- Dragino LPS80/DLOS8
- Draginos will only mine HNT as a Data Only Hotspot
- Kerlink gateways
- Kerlink gateways will only mine HNT as Data Only Hotspot unless it is specified as a Helium-Compatible Kerlink Miner.
- RAK Concentrator (RAK2245/RAK2247/RAK2287) + Raspberry Pi 2, 3, or 4
- This setup will only mine HNT as a Data Only Hotspot.
- Balena Data Only Hotspot running Raspberry Pi 0, 2, 3 or 4 with RAK Concentrator (RAK2287)
- This setup based on Nebra will only mine HNT as a Data Only Hotspot, when possible.
- Dragino PG1301 + Raspberry Pi 4
- This setup based on the Dragino PG1301 Concentrator will only mine HNT as a Data Only Hotspot.
Gateways running a Packet Forwarder and Miner is not considered a Light Hotspot and will never earn HNT.